Orphaned Wives with Thousand Moons!


My skies have thousand moons,
And there remain incessant nights,
Whilst I have stayed indoors for a longer,
Part of my life, visiting merely to,
The galleria with a tiny world in view,
Where the lanes end another world to enter,
And one day when I’ll move from,
Within the walls to another house,
It won’t make much difference,
I would see the same sanctuary,
Of love, and more friends in the,
Form of inanimate, larger rooms,
With more woods, in a dwelling with a,
A spiral staircase that goes to heaven,
And one earth would remain downstairs,
That would hold my feet firm,
And do you know my darling!
 In my life I have seen myriad,
Citadels with curious eyes, wondering who,
All lived there? I know now there lived women,
Who only walls and casements,
Knew, and how their lives were,
Spent in the shadows of their men,
Men who loved their women,
And kept them safe within the,
Arms of their citadels, and they saw the moons,
From behind the glass panes of their,
Bedrooms, feeling the slivers of moonlit nights,
Knowing each night was made for them,
To fall in love more with their men,
Now those nights visit my abode,
With thousand mooned skies,
And will I become that another face?
As one of the mistress of those citadels,
Whose man loved her more,
And he raised those walls to fulfill,
Her unsaid words, he built another,
Of those balustrade, like those men in history,
Who have brought the heavens into the
Laps of their orphaned wives...

~Monalisa Joshi~


Image Source: Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts