Athens Fell That Night

 

Image Source: Pinterest

Beneath the concrete rivers that day I jumped,

Along, holding your hands, it was our,

Last day on earth, I shed off those heavy metaphors,

Weighing us down and you threw all those similes,

That were over thy skin, we plunged deep into the,

Wavering oceans of love, we needed to go deep,

Into the waters where you had promised me to,

Build a nest, far from the eyes of those watchmen over earth,

And so you did, I was in bliss in this new sunk world,

Of ours, there was no fear of the walls to be dampened,

I was safe in this refuge; the waters weren’t uncanny anymore,

My skin didn’t crease a bit, I glowed each day,

It was the perfect haven, the sun didn’t impede at such depth,

This new darkness was soothing to our souls, where days,

Where nights seemed one, where there was no clock to chime,

To remind us that long time had gone by, it all seemed,

The same like the first day of our coming together,

Where summers are always cooler than the outside world,

The month of April has remained forever,

I still flow, sing and dance into this rivulet that evermore flows,

I left Athens that night; and saw it falling down the very night,

The debris fell over our chest making us sink forever into the,

Waters of nothingness, little did they know that we died that day,

To live again, for their eyes we have become invisible,

We built a mansion similar like earth, the moon here is

More shining each night over ripples that make it dance,

I have never missed those bonds upon earth, you took me

Deep into your vastness of flowing love,

Into your arms I find solace, I have immersed with you,

Never to come back again,

Or rise above these waters that are my home now…


~Monalisa Joshi~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts