That Old House did pay me a Visit

 

My daddy, my daddy, my daddy,

You shrank the hell that night,

And brought it to that hidden home,

Where you have been hiding for long,

I stopped playing hide and seek,

Lost in that room, that disappeared in one night,

The door opened to another place,

Hollowness peeked from the closets,

I often visit in my dreams,

The home that now floats in the air,

In the brooding darkness, behind that mist,

The path is uncanny.

I am lost every time I try to find,

 

My daddy, my daddy, my daddy,

Even on the death bed, your lips were tight,

But there is another home,

Where I’ll find you,

May be not, I have stopped speaking,

The language of Gods,

Many daughters are going to meet their

Dads in heaven,

I’ll not find that house again,

Didn’t I tell you, I stopped playing,

Long back, I am not looking,

For you anymore,

 

My daddy, my daddy, my daddy,

May you rest in heaven!

And I will see if this house goes with you there,

Perhaps I will find that room again,

That I sniff at times in thin air,

May be your house too, but I’m still not sure,

I will be coming back this time,

To that carcass of bricks and stones,

 

My Daddy, my daddy, my daddy,

I am not the heir of a dying house,

Just like you are,

I am trying to get rid of those dreams,

They enter through the cloudy walls,

But I still wonder did you bribe?

This times the gods too?

Did they agree to let you hide again?

Behind that room from where,

Things disappear, even people,

And when vagabonds came,

Took away the golden quits,

The shimmering sheets that smelt human,

 

Oh! My daddy, my daddy!

I wonder why you shrank that door,

You could have been the wind too,

And fled one day along,

I shall not follow it this time,

It takes me to unknown places,

I know you will not hold my hand,

I have been losing my path for long,

My home brings me back,

The light of it does,

I am not looking for that old house,

Anymore!

It paid me a visit, but not you.



Comments

Popular Posts