Lovers over the Half Moon and Half Sun!

 

Beneath the cerulean sky, they stood,

one battle was won later that night,

the mayhem however became a ghost of vindication,

it followed them, fed on their most peaceful nights,

myriad kingdoms they fled, myriad thrones faltered,

but their love was strong, the woods hid them into its,

arms and they found their home into the bower of an old tree.

A man could love a woman even in his skin,

when lost was all his kin, in the end, it was only them,

he would be walking along with hands in hand,

to their newfound home, among the meadows,

where gushes of cool streams would flow,

she would be running up to errands, into their small shack,

he would return to home with each dusk to fall into her arms,

and on the supper table, she would ask that story again, “tell me, my love,

how did you make them disappear that night? When the entire army of corpses

had come to fetch me. What would have you done if I walked away with them,

that night for never to be found again?” With a pant, he would smile and tell

her the same tale he told her each night.

“I would have made the earth crack, oceans dry and the farthest skies shrink,

if you had walked away from me, but that night when you held my hand,

I had the courage to fight the army of corpses, the dead kings, its saviours, and its mercenary,

it was a bloody sight my love, so the heavens opened the doors,

for our love was not be bathed in the blood of darkest phantoms,

you and I had to leave the earth, for our youth was not to be wasted in battling mayhems,

we never caused. So, my beloved sleep on now, for another day waits for us in another,

horizon, sleep on clinging to me, I shall be your hero again this night and for many nights to come.” 

His woman with a smile kissed on his forehead, jumped over to another side of the crack to reach her bed,

the floor was torn asunder into two, her side was tilted towards the moon, and his towards the sun.

he burnt a little each day, while she slept in peace under the cool moonlit sky, even the gods were in wonder,

of a love tale that had blood in the hands of a lover who tore the earth into two, they feared to enter his abode, for they made love when he was on her side of the floor,

the earth shook in those hours and the gods used their supremacies to save the universe from falling apart,

a dwelling resting over the half-moon and the half sun was still better than blood over his suit again.


~Poem By: Monalisa Joshi~

Image Credit: Fabian Perez 1967/ Embrace Series




 

Comments

Popular Posts