The Sinner was my Saint!

 

I was at the Devil’s door last night,

a lad with a casket full of sins, he carries them,

along to each castle he had built and fallen,

himself, his voice often echoes louder than the storms,

shaking the parapets more often, the gods who sit,

in the farthest skies, distant neighbours from his,

barbed confines, their thrones shook, sleeps perturbed.

Yet they remain silent, they fear the wrath of Lucifer, I have heard!

That door is not an outside world, its inside with many doors,

leading from one to another, and another, it’s a maze,

I have not been able to solve yet, there was one condition,

laid upon me, the night I stepped within the threshold,

find the rulebook, if I ever needed to reach to his heart,

to see how much love it contained, he had told me tales,

of his passionate love filled nights, his long kisses over,

the skin of a woman that still roamed on earth with his,

masculine scent, he had not told me those tales of his,

love, he had decreed them on walls of the rooms I had,

travelled, I had lived. His eyes burnt, his thorns got bigger,

his pitchfork prickier, his tail my bondage, it was not haven at times,

the devil still knew how to love most ferociously, what this,

rouge had in his mind; how did his love melt me into bits!

he took me to the doors of myriad gods and myriad men,

who could rip his soul out from the body, wins my heart!

None could, none did, but the devil did, he was bathed in his,

blood for several nights to die each night into my arms,

and live again another day to prove his love,

until I bowed my head, followed him to his barbed mansion,

it was to be my home, for the rest of my days,

and over the years I found that rule book, which was but a mirror,

I saw my reflection falling over it, I was that woman all along,

 the sinner was my saint, I didn’t need to see to his sins anymore,

 devil’s door was my safe haven from the outside world…


~Poem by Monalisa Joshi~

                                                                       Image Source: Pinterest 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts