House to a Home!

 

That night a house drowned in me,

making my chest burdened with its weight,

people saw me soggy with water dripping,

from my clothes, I told them a house has just,

drowned in me, now where could I go to live!

The doors, the windows everything seems to,

have disappeared into me, I was homeless again,

you held my hand and brought me into your home,

I warned you, myriad houses have drowned in me,

I often disappear into those houses you will not,

be able to find me, for days in a row, will you then sulk!

trying to look for me, because you don’t have any memory,

of those houses, you will have no trace of me, I’ll vanish,

just like that into thin air, but you said you wanted a home,

with me, you said you will find me every time I’ll be lost,

asking me to have faith in you, for you will not let this home,

drown in me, you had tied its base with iron locks deeper in,

the earth, and roof from the skies with heavy golden locks,

I still warned you, do not trust these temporal objects,

I am a different person from another lifetime, yet I had fallen,

for you, I don’t know how, but your love made it work,

for so many years this home of ours has not drowned in me,

and slowly I came to know that the bricks, the walls,

I could draw it all, in me, for years I had been doing that,

not your love, you were my house all along,

my burden seems less now, for the tavern feels more a home to me…

 

Poem by ~ Monalisa Joshi ~    



                                                               Image Source: Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts