Death is an Atheist!

 

The other plane If I to walk alone,

I would want to choose the younger skin,

not too young of the twenties, not too old of the sixties,

this age, just the right one with more love in my heart,

a calmer mind, the wise me who cares less,

what people would say!

Young enough to know, fights, arguments were redundant,

but I had to fight my own demons,

this age makes me cling more to you darling!

How the thirties passed by mothering the offspring!

Forties came with a thud, hormones going haywire,

peace rippling with one throw of a stone,

yet the void is charming, I fall often into,

the silence of my soul lulls me more in its depth

allowing me to talk to Death every night,

but I wonder, will I be able to choose the mid-aged skin,

I would want that, to save the efforts to fall in love,

from the beginning, to find you first, repeat the moments again,

I would wait by the meadows and a quaint home,

choosing the outskirts to be at peace more,

I wouldn’t want to be seen by other skins there,

for Death is an atheist, it comes same for all the skins,

and people with different gods, they would forget too,

which religion did they follow, it would be all same,

male skins looking out for female skins,

I had a long discussion often with Death in silence,

it stays within each, right beside life,

co-existing, parenting our human bodies,

for when time comes, we leave with one parent,

not lost, not as orphans, hand in hand as someone own,

it knows my secret desire, its thoughts are unbiased,

Death never followed any religion, any god,

not to become weak in its limbs, for sundering,

lovers would have been hard, each time,

it leaves Life, with a sorrowed heart, a part of it remains,

in some brooding corner, where the lover would sulk,

Death sheds myriad tears along…


~Monalisa Joshi~




                                                            Image Source: Pinterest 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts