Find Me, My Lover!

If you don’t find me at home, do not bother,
Look for me in the broken pieces of your heart,
Look for me in the stolen moments of time,
Look for me through the past lanes of love,
Look for me where I have spent my childhood,
Look for me where I have spent my youth,

If you don’t find me in your heart, do not panic,
Look for me in the places once we made love,
Look for me in the places we fought in havoc,
Look for me in those times when we grew old,
Look for me in those times when I left you untold,
Look for me if you haven’t erased me from you,

If you don’t find me in your breaths, do not agonize,
Look for me in the rhythms of you own breath,
Look for me in the abyss of your own hearth,
Look for me in the remnants of those moaning,
Look for me in the breeze that still flows in morning,
Look for me in the dusk’s gust that still touches your skin,

If you don’t find me in your soul, do not be miserable,
Look for me in the wrecked pieces of your body,
Look for me in the reflection of yours in the mirror,
Look for me in the wrinkles of your skin,
Look for me in the in the twirls of your veins,
Look for me in the damp corners of your eyes,

If you don’t find me ever anywhere, do not be disheartened,
Look for me in the brooding darkness of the abode,
Look for me in the silence of myriad fallen tears,
Look for me in the wait so long for you day and nights,
Look for me in the bait of past love, till dawn till dusk,
Look for me in the moments that we made love,

And still if I am not found, then I had never existed,
And if I am found again ever, then I was always there...


*Monalisa Joshi*

Comments

Popular Posts